Sunday, 7 December 2014

Sunday 7th December

Jes Mania reports..... 
Today was an unusual occasion. A Sunday P/Way works party. With the indication of a day showing a good degree of sunshine, Adrian and Ian J  decided to begin the start of the bricklaying process on the chimney to the new Pway hut, ahead of the Newbury crew getting stuck in. Meeting up mid morning and after a cup of tea in the mess, we proceeded to site. Adrian was keen to "measure as many times as possible and lay once" the blocks! So some time was taken in setting up correctly. With Ian mucking for him, the first two rows of blocks went down before we stopped. After lunch we completed the first row of bricks, in glorious sunshine. 
A very happy pair we were returning to the mess for a brew, after which we went to Ropley so the Architect could look over the Ropley up waiting shelter. Now I am no expert, however, I have to say what a fantastic job has been done. A credit to all those putting in the hours. I noticed Adrian taking a special interest in the fancy finishing off works. I hope he does not expect us to be working to the same standard for our huts!! (of course he does!- Ed)


No comments:

Post a Comment