Sunday, 23 August 2015

23rd August- A Sunday Special

Our western correspondent, Jes Mania reports............ 
Today first thing I went to Alresford to attend to a little job. Our small visitors to the railway were having trouble seeing the trains from the picnic area. So with no visitors around I strimmed all the way along the top of this area, finishing in time to get a soaking from the long anticipated downpour. As I was finishing the Building Group asked if I could clear around the water tank. Being the ever obliging group that we are, 15 minutes clearance saw this site improved.
As a treat and with the sun coming out, I took a ride on the Thumper which was running today. This image at Alresford could be 43 years ago, on a departure to Itchen Abbas. Sadly not, but the second time I have mentioned that village this year in my reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment