From out West, an additional report from our Western correspondent, Jes Mania.............
These last few days I have been out west, touring Exmoor. In the first photo, a road junction sign from the Exe Valley, I could not resist taking this image as there is a glaring error on it. Can you find it? I believe it is some 50 years or so out of date! The second image is taken from the highest Southern railway station, at some 987 feet above sea level. Yes Woody Bay station. And it was looking stunning on Monday. In this photo, Axe runs around its two coach train. The carriages look amazing and must rank as the finest on the narrow gauge anywhere in the UK. The railway is straining to "break out" of its current 1 mile.
We can also recommend the home made scones, very, very good indeed!


No comments:
Post a Comment