With a change of plan, all round 5 of us assembled at Medstead for the walk. Graham and Eddie went to Alton, Keith B, Adrian and your correspondent headed to Alresford. Having been away for the Gala weekend last week, I was keen to see if some quality western engines were on shed still, and found Ravingham Hall and Nunney Castle still at Ropley. What a fine site. We arrived in Alresford into sunshine which set the tone for the rest of the day.
Upon returning to Medstead we collected the fishplate oiling kit and went by train to Alton to resume this task which is fast reaching a conclusion. The wonderful autumn weather sealed a fine day. With 31 joints achieved, we were rewarded with a return journey behind Ravingham Hall. Chuffing marvellous.
![]() |
The gang wait to depart M&FM for Alton behind Lord Nelson
(a superior Southern engine- Ed)
|



Looks like a great day, I wish I could have been there! Unfortunately my future weekends are taken up assisting my daughter decorate her house. I also feel it's only fair to warn fellow P wayers who are Countyfile fans that I may feature in this Sunday's programme, alongside the lovely Ellie Harrison. Don't spill your Ovaltine!
ReplyDelete